Tuesday, June 9, 2009

Beauty Alert: Make-up Primer

Make-up Primer is a must have for your beauty regime. It is a relatively new product on the market but is now gaining more and more popularity among Porcelain Dolls everywhere!

Primer is designed for smoothing fine lines and it also prepares the canvas of the face for cosmetics. Foundation goes on more smoothly and evenly, as does blush, eyeshadow, and lipstick.

A lip primer can keep lip color fresher and stop "feathering" that might otherwise occur. Make-up primer used around the eye area can stop eyeshadow from creasing. And when applying foundation, it often takes less foundation to achieve the same effect if the woman has first applied make-up primer.

Primers come in a variety of tints to match your complexion, or they can be clear. In addition to helping the surface of the skin to appear temporarily level, tinted makeup primers can help cover discolorations on the face. If you are going to use foundation over the primer, you may want to use the clear primer. Other people prefer to skip foundation all together and only apply tinted makeup primer.



My Pick: MAKE UP FOR EVER HD MICROPERFECTING PRIMER
Another popular pick: SMASHBOX PHOTO FINISH FOUNDATION PRIMER

1 comments:

BoomBoppa said...

I bought the make-up forever HD primer a few months back and never really used it. However, the past month I've been using my Mac primer and I must say it does make a difference! I especially like it in the summer months. I have oily skin, and I've noticed with the primer on it minimizes the shine I usually have. I keep a few face blotting tissues on the side for the unmanagable days. ;) Speaking of which....Don't sleep on the Body Shops make-up line. Great mascaras and blushes!

 
Template by Exotic Mommie