Monday, June 1, 2009

Trend Alert: Shoulder Pads

The 80's are back!

Exaggerated shoulders were all over the Spring 2009 runways. Everything from jackets to dresses placed emphasized on the shoulders

3.1 phillip lim


Dolce and Gabbana


Balman


Not sure how to wear the trend? When wearing shoulder pads, make sure your bottom is streamlined, like Beyonce does with "jeggings."



Still not sure about this trend? Well designers are offering alternatives, as seen on Rihanna:


Ready to take the plunge? Follow this link for affordable looks: http://www.shopstyle.com/browse/jackets?fts=shoulder+pads

3 comments:

Rion said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Rion said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
BoomBoppa said...

Unfortunately I've been blessed with broad shoulders, so I tend to shy away from clothing that accentuate them. However recently I purchased a tuxedo jacket with padded shoulders and OMG it was fab on me! Perhaps it's only because it evens out the massive head on my shoulders..ppp

Whatever the case I'm feeling the shoulder pad trend!

 
Template by Exotic Mommie